South Australia’s Defence Strategy 2025 is the roadmap guiding the state’s efforts to achieve this vision, and the specific defence targets in South Australia’s Strategic Plan of 37,000 jobs and an annual economic contribution of $2.5 billion by 2020.
Over the next decade, South Australia is committed to partnering with Defence, industry and academia to capitalise on the state’s existing strengths and identify new opportunities for growth.
Defence SA developed South Australia’s Defence Strategy 2025 under the guidance of the Defence SA Advisory Board and in close consultation with Defence and industry.
It recognises that Defence and industry will drive growth, with the South Australian Government playing a key support role through effective advocacy; investing in strategic infrastructure, education, training, and research and development; and fostering a competitive business environment.
It proposes clear outcomes across five sectors:
- Maritime – to cement South Australia’s status as a national centre of complex warship and submarine build and sustainment
- Systems and Cyber – to establish South Australia as a centre of expertise for electronic and information systems
- Aerospace – to position South Australia as a national hub for airborne maritime surveillance and weapons system test and evaluation
- Land – to build on South Australia’s reputation as a centre for military vehicles and integration of combat systems
- Science and Technology – to advance South Australia as a centre of expertise for defence science and technology.
More information: South Australia’s Defence Strategy 2025
Enquiries, please contact Julie Barbaro, Executive Director Government Relations, Marketing and Communications, Defence SA, tel: +61 8 8463 7142 or email@example.com