Colocation of the build, integration, sustainment, upgrade and optimisation activities in the precinct will deliver strong outcomes for Army's land combat system.
It will create a thriving industry hub and foster even closer ongoing collaboration between Army and industry.
Key precinct facilities would include:
- a Defence managed Land Integration and Innovation Centre, a controlled environment for monitoring, fault rectification, upgrade integration and testing of land combat system elements and links to an upgraded Combat Training Centre at Cultana and national simulation network
- a Defence project and sustainment office (starting with LAND 400)
- a purpose designed manufacturing and sustainment facility (to build, integrate, sustain and upgrade LAND 400 vehicles)
- two additional purpose designed manufacturing and sustainment facilities to support other major land combat system projects
- a supplier precinct for small and medium businesses supporting other elements of the land combat system
- a common-user industry proving ground including test track, weapons and sensor alignment facility and NATO-standard obstacles
- training facilities to help companies develop the trade skills necessary to support the land combat system.
The precinct's initial focus will be LAND 400 – Land Combat Vehicle System Phase 2 but it will be designed to expand to support the entire land combat system. Design works for the precinct are completed and stage 1 has been funded.
The location of the precinct is on a state-owned greenfield site in the Edinburgh Defence Precinct, 25 kilometres north of Adelaide. The site is adjacent to RAAF Base Edinburgh (home to the 1st Armoured Regiment and 7th Battalion RAR) and to the Defence Science and Technology Group.
The site is linked to national road and rail networks, and is close to Adelaide's international airport and a deep-water port.
Click here to view the Land Combat System Precinct video.
For further information please direct all enquiries to Ilona Horan, Director, Land at Defence SA. Tel: +61 8 8463 7153 or Ilona.firstname.lastname@example.org.