An exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to play a key role in promoting the career opportunities available within South Australia’s thriving defence and space industries. More than 11,000 defence industry workers will be required to deliver major Defence projects in South Australia in the 2040s and Defence SA is playing a leading role in ensuring the state tackles the challenge.
The joint State and Commonwealth South Australian Defence Industry Workforce and Skills Taskforce Report was released in November 2023 detailing targeted initiatives that directly support attracting, skilling and developing the defence industry workforce in South Australia.
This full-time role will work within Defence SA’s Marketing and Communications team primarily supporting the planning, development and implementation of a defence industry workforce and skills strategic communications and outreach plan. This will involve event coordination, PR, communications, marketing activities including campaigns, market research and stakeholder engagement within a crossfunctional team to support Defence SA and its associated business portfolios.
- Some out-of-hours work may be required.
- A current Class C (Car) Drivers’ Licence is highly desirable.
- A flexible approach to taking annual leave is required.
- Interstate travel may be required for specific events.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge of marketing and communication principles.
- Knowledge of event coordination principles.
- Experience in developing marketing and communication plans.
- Experience in event coordination.
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience in drafting written communication including publications, speeches, media releases, social media, and website content.
- Experience in the planning and delivery of multifaceted marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to pro-actively engage with required stakeholders to deliver outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent projects within deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to and adapt to changes within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
All applications must be submitted online via www.defencesa.com/careers.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume, together with a covering letter (no more than 2 pages) outlining your skills and experience giving consideration to the key selection criteria in the specific technical knowledge, experience and skills in the job and person specification. Applicants must submit a completed “Pre-Employment Declaration in the SA Public Sector” form.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
The South Australian Government is committed to building a flexible, diverse and inclusive culture, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQA+, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups.