We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced community sector professional to be part of Veterans SA until 30 June 2022. The successful applicant will to continue to build information resources and relationships across the South Australian community in order to connect veterans and their families to existing programs, pathways and services.
The Partnership Hub Coordinator will work within the Veterans SA team; however be physically located at Glenside alongside the Jamie Larcombe Centre (JLC). The Partnership Hub Coordinator is accountable to the Director Veterans SA for working closely with the JLC and Veterans Health Advocate to offer non-clinical support to JLC in- and out-patients and identifying opportunities to collaborate across the South Australian community to ensure the right suite of services are available and promoted to veterans and their families. This will include building a self-service catalogue of information and resources available digitally and on demand to the veteran community.
The successful candidate will also need to quickly build and maintain relationships with ex-service organisations and also with staff at the Veteran Wellbeing Centre (opening April 2021) to identify opportunities to improve the accessibility of information and services for veterans and their families and encourage collaborate across the South Australian veteran community and supporting state government agencies.
About Veterans SA
Veterans SA was established in 2008 to provide support to the veteran community. Veterans SA works closely with the Veterans’ Advisory Council to provide advice to the Premier on veterans’ matters.
Veterans SA promote the wellbeing of veterans’ and their families, collaborate with all ex-service organisations and provide a link for the veterans’ community directly to the highest levels of the South Australian Government.
Veterans SA is also responsible for promoting Australia’s wartime history and the significance of national events such as ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day.
Veterans SA is a small and agile agency which provides employees with challenging and rewarding work and great opportunities for learning and development and flexibility.
Key selection criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in working with clients in a connection liaison role
- Demonstrated experience of high level planning and organisational skills, particularly in managing an office and overseeing daily operations in a workplace
- Experience in the provision of social support services to support client psychosocial wellbeing
- Experience in the development of policies and procedures within social support organisations
- Highly self-motivated with an ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders, some of whom may present with active mental health symptoms
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients and stakeholders including veterans at various levels of recovery, their carer’s and families, ex-service organisations and clinicians to build relationships and achieve results
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with an exceptional ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, exercise independent judgment and apply sound problem-solving and decision-making skills
Our Commitment to Diversity
The South Australian Government is committed to building a flexible, diverse and inclusive culture, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQ, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups.
Applicants with military experience – directly or as a family member – are encouraged to apply.
This is a contract / term vacancy up to 30 June 2022. The incumbent is required to enter into an annual performance agreement. Work outside of normal hours may be required and the position may require intrastate travel.
Nil (Extensive experience in the community sector and/or appropriate qualifications are highly desirable)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume, together with a Covering Letter (no more than 2 pages) outlining your skills and experience giving consideration to the key selection criteria and experience and skills in the role description. Applicants must include the contact information of at least 2 referees with one being your immediate supervisor/manager and a completed “Pre-Employment Declaration in the SA Public Sector” form.