An exciting opportunity, until 30 June 2020, for an experienced policy professional to develop policy recommendations for workforce participation of former Australian Defence Force members in South Australia.
Veterans SA was established in 2008 to provide support to the veteran community. Veterans SA works closely with the Veterans’ Advisory Council to provide advice to the Premier on veterans’ matters.
Veterans SA provides services to promote veterans’ and their families well-being, collaborate with all ex-service organisations and provide a link for the veterans’ community directly to the highest levels of the South Australian Government.
Veterans SA is also responsible for promoting Australia’s wartime history and the significance of national events such as ANZAC Day, Remembrance Day and Vietnam Veterans Day.
Veterans SA is a small and agile agency which provides employees with challenging and rewarding work and great opportunities for learning and development and flexibility.
The Employment Policy Officer will work within the Veterans SA team. The Employment Policy Officer is accountable to the Director Veterans SA for the development of evidence-based policy recommendations relating to workforce participation of current and ex-serving Australian Defence Force (ADF) members and their partners. The primary purpose of the role is to conduct a gap analysis relating to skills and mapping pathways for employment relative to the qualifications and experiences of transitioning ADF members against the State infrastructure and growth sector strategy plans for the next decade.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated ability in providing strategic advice on complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to pro-actively identify and engage with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to drive strategic change initiatives and recognise likely implications upon key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects within deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and problem solve within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with exceptional ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, exercise independent judgement and apply sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise confidentiality, diplomacy, discretion and to work with astuteness in a politically sensitive environment.
- Ability to work independently under very broad direction to develop and implement innovative solutions to complex issues, identify performance outcomes, plan activities and set priorities.
Our Commitment to Diversity
The South Australian Government is committed to building a flexible, diverse and inclusive culture, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQ, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups.
This is a contract / term vacancy up to 30 June 2021. The incumbent is required to enter into an annual performance agreement. Work outside of normal hours will be required and the position may require interstate travel involving overnight absences.
Nil (Extensive experience in stakeholder consultation and policy development is required)
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.