Saab Australia (Saab) is a leading Defence, Security and Traffic Management solutions provider, specialising in complex computer based command and control systems.
Based out of Adelaide, Saab established its Australian headquarters in 1987 to support and build Australia’s defence capability. Saab’s first contract was the build and integration of Australia’s unique combat system for the Anzac Class frigates.
Saab is one of the most recognised integrators of complex defence and security systems in the country.
For over three decades, Saab has developed and integrated technology to protect and empower Australia’s Navy, Army and Air Force. Saab develops systems for allied nations and technology for security and aviation, with installations in prisons, hospitals and airports. Saab Australia also provides unique capability, leveraging the extensive global portfolio of Saab’s international products and services for military, civil security and aviation applications.
Products and Services
Saab Australia’s key product portfolio includes:
• 9LV Combat Management System and Tactical Interface;
• CEROS 200 Fire Control Director;
• Sea Giraffe AMB multi-role naval surveillance radar;
• Carl Gustaf M4 multi-role support weapon;
• Carl Gustaf Ammunition;
• Giraffe AMB multi-role surveillance radar;
• Barracuda signature management systems;
• RBS70 ground based air defence system;
• Through-Life Support services – missile, radar and command &control systems;
• Deployable Force Infrastructure;
• Active Protection Systems
• AUV62 AT ASW Target Simulation;
• Double Eagle Mine Warfare ROV;
• TactiCall integrated communications system;
• OneView Integrated Base and Facility Security;
• Mine Warfare Systems;
• Deployable Field Hospitals;
• Mixed Reality Systems;
• Live and Virtual Training & Simulation;
• Unmanned Systems; and
• Cyber Security.
QA rating: AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015
AS/NZS 4801:2001 Safety Management System
ISO 27001 Information Security Management System
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
OHSAS18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Other Information and Telecommunication Services
- Other Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
Other information and telecommunication services: ‘Cyber security solutions, Civil security solutions – both physical and technical’
Professional, Scientific and Technical Services – other: ‘Mixed and augmented reality applications’