The Osborne Naval Shipyard, the nation’s premier naval industry hub, is the logical location for any company pursuing opportunities in defence or commercial shipbuilding and ship sustainment projects.
Significant upgrades to the precinct will ensure it is arguably the most technologically advanced naval shipyard in the world as it prepares for two of the largest maritime projects ever undertaken in Australia in the Attack class submarines and Hunter class frigates.
The Osborne Naval Shipyard currently consists of:
- Osborne North: high-tech submarine construction and maintenance facilities which currently supports sustainment of the Collins class submarines and Attack class submarines from 2023.
- Osborne South: Australia’s largest naval shipbuilding hub incorporating a critical mass of world class warship design and construction skills. It is the most advanced and modern shipbuilding facility in Australia and potentially the world once upgrades are completed to accommodate the Hunter class frigate program. It is the current site for the Offshore Patrol Vessel program and location for the now completed Air Warfare Destroyer program.
- Common user shipbuilding facilities: including a 213-metre wharf, runway, dry berth, transfer system and the largest shiplift in the southern hemisphere.
- A commercial and education precinct, including the Naval Shipbuilding College.
- Navy Headquarters South Australia, Ship Build Program Office and technical laboratories.
- Easy access to the national transport network, including road, rail and deep-sea port.
In addition, development-ready land is available for suppliers in the adjacent Port Direct area.
The precinct is located at Osborne, 25 kilometres north-west of Adelaide’s CBD, and is a 35-minute drive from Adelaide International Airport. It is also close to major national defence precincts Technology Park Adelaide and the Edinburgh Defence Precinct, home of RAAF Base Edinburgh and Defence Science and Technology.
For further information visit: www.ani.com.au or asc.com.au/facilities/