Wormald Technology is a specialist department of Wormald specialising in supplying and servicing the marine industry. We have extensive experience in the design, supply, installation and commissioning of marine, naval and military fire protection, detection, safety and security systems.
Wormald Technology provide onshore and offshore fire protection systems for commercial, military and recreational vessels and facilities. Wormald established the Australian Submarine Corporation with Kockums, Chicago Bridge & Iron and the Australian Industry Development Corporation for the construction of the Collins Class submarine fleet operated by the Australian Navy.
As the marine specialists, we service a large number of vessels throughout Australia, with numerous fire protection system installations, and we can offer many services including, Lloyds, ABS, VdS, DNV registered servicing, maintenance and certification services.
Products and Services
Wormald Technology applies true systems engineering to the given environment. The choice of products, applications or techniques for integration into the deliverable systems is determined by our ability to satisfy the specification for each individual project.
As the marine specialists, we service a large number of vessels throughout Australia, with numerous fire protection system installations, and we can offer many services including:
- Lloyds registered servicing, maintenance and certification services
- Specialised fire suppression, fire detection and alarm protection systems
- Commercial and MIL–SPEC gas detection systems
- Commercial and MIL–SPEC fire detection systems
- Maintenance and Servicing Services to SOLAS, IMO, International and Australian Standards
- Life Safety Engineering and systems, evacuation control, life raft supply and maintenance.
The Wormald Technology team has developed a Cost/Schedule Control System (C/SCS) based project management methodology with which to satisfy the technical, schedule, and quality requirements of any contract. This is supported by project management software with multi-project capability, which allows us to meet the challenges of complex projects.
- Hunter Class Frigates
- Collins Class Submarines
- Jindalee Operational Radar Network
- Land Combat Vehicle System Program
- Hobart Class Destroyers
Anzac Fleet Maintenance & Upgrades, LHD Fleet Maintenance & Upgrades, HMAS Choules Maintenance & Upgrades, Paluma Class Maintenance & Upgrades, Supply Vessels Maintenance & Upgrades. National Defence Base Maintenance & Upgrades.
- Electrical Equipment Manufacturing
- Other Construction
- Other Manufacturing
- Other Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
- Other Repair and Maintenance
- Specialised Machinery and Equipment Manufacturing
Fire Protection, High Security and Lifesafety Equipment and Systems