Freedom of Information Statement
This statement is published in accordance with subsection 9(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 1991 (Act). Subject to certain restrictions, the Act gives members of the public a legally enforceable right to access information held by the South Australian Government. A comprehensive introduction to freedom of information can be found on the State Records website.
Structure and functions of Defence SA
Defence SA is South Australia’s lead government agency for all defence-related matters. The agency’s goal is to facilitate the growth of Defence and sustainable defence industries in South Australia in accordance with South Australia’s Strategic Plan.
To achieve this goal, the agency is focused on delivering the Government of South Australia’s commitments to the Air Warfare Destroyer project, as well as capturing further defence work in the four defence sectors: maritime, land, aerospace and systems.
Defence SA is also striving to ensure the right climate for defence industry growth, and is working with a number of partners to deliver results for industry in the areas of workforce development and innovation, in particular.
A Chief Executive manages the operations of Defence SA, which is structurally aligned to the delivery of the required functions and is organisationally represented by the following business areas:
- Defence and Industry Attraction and Development
- CUF Operations
- Corporate and Government Relations
- Corporate Services
The Defence SA Advisory Board provides strategic and policy assistance to the Chief Executive and Government of South Australia on defence-related matters.
Public Participation in Defence SA
The main opportunity for public participation in the functions of the agency is through project-specific consultation programs managed by Defence SA or by third parties on behalf of Defence SA.
Description of the kinds of documents held by Defence SA
Documents held by the agency fall broadly into the categories described below. While most are available in hard copy, it should be noted that some are only available electronically. The listing of these categories does not necessarily mean all documents are accessible in full or in part under the Act. The categories include:
- Corporate files containing correspondence, memoranda and minutes on all aspects of agency operations
- Policies, procedures and guidelines prescribing the way various projects and programs are to be performed
- Legal agreements
- Personnel files relating to the agency’s employees
- Accounting and financial reports relating to the running of Defence SA.
Making an application
In accordance with the Act, applications for access to documents held by the agency must:
- Be made in writing – you may choose to write a letter or use the application form.
- Specify that the application is made under the Freedom of Information Act 1991
- Be accompanied by a $34.25 application fee (exemptions apply for Members of Parliament and pensioners or health card holders)
- Specify an address in Australia to which information can be sent
- Clearly identify the documents being sought or the matter to which they pertain
- Specify whether the documents contain information of a personal nature, and
- Specify the desired type of access to the document, such as inspection of the document at an arranged location or having a copy made.
Applications under the Act should be forwarded to:
The Accredited FOI Officer
PO Box 3643
RUNDLE MALL SA 5000
Tel: (08) 8463 7140
Defence SA received 19 Freedom of Information applications in 2014–15. All applications have been determined in accordance with the Act.
Freedom of Information Proactive Disclosure log
The Government has committed to the establishment of disclosure logs for all government agencies to provide central access to non-personal information that has been released under the Freedom of Information Act 1991 (FOI Act).
Under Premier and Cabinet Circular PC045 - Disclosure Logs for Non-Personal Information Released through FOI, State Government agencies that fall within the scope must maintain disclosure logs for non-personal information that has been released to an applicant under the FOI Act after 1 October 2017.
Scroll right and left below.
Date of Determination
Access to Documents
Agency Contact Details
|N/A||N/A||N/A||For access to these documents, please call 8463 7140 or send an email to email@example.com|