South Australia has a long and proud history of delivering the nation’s most complex and dynamic defence projects.
With a highly skilled workforce that includes some of the most experienced shipbuilders in the world and as the national centre for major surface combatant and submarine continuous build programs, South Australian industry stands at the ready to deliver a pipeline of naval shipbuilding and defence programs that will utilise world-leading technologies and state-of-the-art equipment and processes.
The state’s maritime capabilities span the full spectrum of naval shipbuilding activities, including:
- heavy engineering and manufacturing
- systems design, engineering and integration
- combat system design and integration
- software development
- ship design and engineering
- commercial vessel construction.
South Australia – The Defence State, is